The NIQCA helps CAAs establish a practical, sustainable, and cost-effective program of continuous quality improvement. NIQCA management support services for local CAAs include:
- Best Practice Management Standards for local CAAs and tools to conduct a comprehensive, 12-step self-assessment and improvement planning process.
- A Team of Peer Reviewers who visit CAAs as part of their self-assessment process to independently review policies and evaluate organizational strengths and weaknesses.
- A Quality Improvement Toolkit that provides planning templates and model policies to assist local CAAs in strengthening their management and governance practices.
- Resources to Support Regional CAA Planning, Collaboration, and Crisis Intervention.
Looking for Helpful Planning Resources?
Don't miss the wealth of CAA management tools available on this website. Visit our Planning Toolkit page or select from the topic list below:
Model Policies and Planning Templates
National Resources for Community Action Agencies
- CAPLAW - Legal and Financial Resources for Community Action
- Community Action Partnership - National membership organization representing the interests of CAA's across the country. Offers programs and trainings to promote and improve the CAA network.
- National Association for State Community Service Programs. (NASCAP) An Association that provides information about issues related to CSBG and DOE/WAP through its publications and training opportunities.
- National Community Action Foundation (NCAF) - Advocacy and lobbyist organization for CAAs and Associations. In addition to the advocacy on behalf of a wide range of issues, NCAF provides research, data, training and conferences.
- Virtual CAP - Provides an in depth look at innovative programs and projects develped by CAAs around the U.S. Frequent updates.
NIQCA FUNDING PARTNERS
William A. Hunter, Executive Director
508.380.1398 - phone
978.443.0579 - fax